Author Topic: Cannot import file to another programme  (Read 352 times)

PerryBond

• View Profile
Cannot import file to another programme
« on: January 26, 2024, 10:18:00 am »
Hi
I can import simple files from the saved dxf to another programme (to turn it into a svg for laser cutting) but when it gets more complicated (I think when I've used the array function, I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "dxf_input.py", line 477, in <module>
    layer = layer_nodes[vals[groups['8']][0]]
KeyError: u'Sheet'

Then it won't load

Anyone know if this is a fault with the array function? I see arrayed elements don't undo on the undo function either!

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot import file to another programme
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 09:53:05 pm »
It's hard to tell you anything about that script (dxf_input.py) because it's not the part of BabaCAD. I can help you only if you send me that python script and dxf file which generates the error.

It looks like there is a problem with the layer name of one of the entities (dxf group number 8). You can go through that problematic dxf file and check every line after the line which contains number 8. By default those lines contain 0 (Layer "0").

andrea77

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 12:48:55 am »
I had some problems when try to open some dwg drawing. If I update the software to a newer version, can I expect improvements in opening dwg files? I used the old 32-bit version, but later I switched to another software (draftsight). However, neither software worked well with large projects (it either crashes or is too slow).

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2024, 11:19:09 pm »
I recommend that you download the latest version and try it. BabaCAD 2020 is 64-bit, it can import a newer dwg drawings and it's optimized to work very fast with complex drawings (open and modify/update drawings with millions of CAD entities). It's free to try and test it.