Author Topic: BabaCADORAExtensionLite.bem failed to load  (Read 13439 times)

demetrio

• View Profile
BabaCADORAExtensionLite.bem failed to load
« on: December 01, 2015, 06:59:02 pm »
Hi.
I just installed BabaCAD, it looks like an interesting piece of SW.
My need is to work with Oracle Spatial, than I downloaded and installed the extension.

But when running BabaCAD, a pop-up window appears just before the main program, with the following message:
Warning: Extension module BabaCADORAExtensionLite.bem failed to load!

I already set up BabaORA.ini and tried to download and install again the extension, but with no success.

Does anybody can help me?
Tx in advance

demetrio

• View Profile
Re: BabaCADORAExtensionLite.bem failed to load
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 07:10:59 pm »
(sorry, unable to modify previous message)

I forgot to mention I'm using windows 7 64bit, together with oracle client 12c 64 bit.

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 09:31:32 am »
(sorry, unable to modify previous message)

I forgot to mention I'm using windows 7 64bit, together with oracle client 12c 64 bit.

That's a problem. If you read "Requirements and Setup" part in GIS section there is: "Current version of Oracle Spatial AddOn needs Oracle Client 11.2.0.2. If no Oracle Client is installed, then Oracle Instant Client for NT (32-bit) is recommended to install (about 50 Mb)."

So, just install Oracle 11.2 Client (32-bit) and add Oracle_client/bin folder to windows PATH environment variable (if you have another oracle client installed, add this path before others and I recommend to add it to the beginning of PATH, or you can make batch file to set PATH=oracle_client_11R2/bin; and then run babacad.exe).

Mirza

demetrio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 10:34:08 am »
tx Mirza, but it didn't work.
I already have an 11g 32bit oracle client installation because I use it for another product (BentleyMap)
Here is my modified path
Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files (x86)\BabaCAD\BabaCAD>echo %PATH%
C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Oracle\product\11.2.0\client_1\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client
\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\
Core-Static;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Progr
am Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files
\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\

C:\Program Files (x86)\BabaCAD\BabaCAD>echo %ORACLE_HOME%
C:\Oracle\product\11.2.0\client_1

C:\Program Files (x86)\BabaCAD\BabaCAD>BabaCAD.exe

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 11:10:44 am »
Please check these things:

1. When you install oracle extension you have been asked to install/repair Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 x86 Redist, you have to choose YES (also check that you have installed it, go to control panel and check if exists  "Microsoft Visual c++ 2010 x86 Redistributable 10.0.40219").

2. Check size of oraocci32.dll (occi for OracleClient 11.2 32-bit). You can find it in ..oracle/client_1/bin. It must be 508 KB size.
3. Check version of BabaCAD (it must be 1.3.4 when click in BabaCAD Help About)

If everything is ok after checking these, please notify me.

Mirza

demetrio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 01:13:25 pm »
1. OK: Already done before
2. FAIL: I do not have an oraocci32.dll, I have oraocci11.dll (704K) , an ociw32.dll. I searched something similar in name and size, but with no success.
3. OK: BabaCAD version is 1.3.4, I downloaded it just yesterday when I discovered it.

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 02:38:50 pm »
2. My mistake. I wrote oraocci32.dll but it has to be oraocci11.dll. But size is not correct. When you go to properties->version it must be 11.2.0.2 and size of dll must be 508 kb. Maybe you have 64-bit version of dll. Check that your Oracle Client is 32-bit and not 64-bit. I will send you oraocci11.dll zip-ed to your mail (edit your mail in forum registration if it's not right and notify me) in case you have right 32-bit oracle client.

Mirza

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 03:18:12 pm »
I found what is cause of failure. Oracle Client 32-bit occi file oraocci11.dll .There are three different versions of this file. Older installations of Oracle Client 11.2 have only first two versions compiled for Visual Studio vc8 and Visual Studio vc9. You can find it in ..oracle/client1/bin/vc8 and ..oracle/client1/bin/vc9 subfolders. But correct version for BabaCAD (which is compiled with Visual Studio 2010) is missing and that's in ../vc10 subfolder of oracle client installation. You can try to find newer (after dec 2010) installation of Oracle Client 11.2 and check for subfolder /vc10 and copy oraocci11.dll to parent folder (..oracle/client1/bin).

Mirza

demetrio

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 04:47:12 pm »
SOLVED

many many thanks to Mirza

Instructions
Download 11.2.0.2 instant client (Basic version, about 50MB)
Unzip in a folder
If you don't find oraocci11.dll, you'll find in BabaCAD installation folder into previous folder (sizes are different, but both works)
Set up the folder in PATH variable (do it in a batch file , in windows settings, or in a command window just before running BabaCAD.exe)
Run BabaCAD.exe