Author Topic: Terminology for Documentation  (Read 5867 times)

ubiquity

• View Profile
Terminology for Documentation
« on: July 24, 2017, 04:13:36 pm »
Hi Mirza,
I hope I am not being too familiar by using your first name.
On the linked image (see separate link paragraph) I should like to know what your terminology is for the three items indicated.
In v 2.0.0 Errata  http://www.babacad.com/forum/index.php?topic=75.0 CommandLine, I think, refers to item 3 as a "Dynamic Input Box". This would seem a convenient description and terminology for it, but it may not be your preferred terminology. My interest here is in perhaps providing some small assistance with documentation as my time allows.

Attempting to post this with an attachment gave me an error regarding the image attachment so I have removed it. Accordingly, here is a link to the image in a Google drive folder I am sharing for the purpose
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5zt_afTNFMpZDd2aWg1VmRLYWs?usp=sharing

Also, I am not sure if you prefer to have several issues raised in one post or if each post should address a single topic. Accordingly, for the time being I shall raise separate posts for 2 other issues I have come across.

Regards.
Paul

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Terminology for Documentation
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 07:51:17 pm »
Yes, it's all good. Mirza is my first name. About the terminology: "Command Line" refers to the command line window, which is located on the bottom. But when DYN (Dynamic input) is enabled on the status bar, then all user's inputs are directed to the "Dynamic input box" which is marked as 3 on the image that you provided. I prefer to call 1 and 2 just as "Length/Angle" edit boxes. Of course, if user clicks somewhere inside the Command Window and starts typing, then "Dynamic input" will not be active, and everything typed will be displayed in the command window.

I forgot to say that I fixed problem about attaching images to forum posts!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 12:03:23 am by babadmin »