Discussion in english > General discussion about BabaCAD

Uninstall BabaCAD V. 1.3.4

(1/3) > >>

bananaba:
Hallo BabaCAD-friends,
I just installed BabaCAD V. 1.3.4 on my Windows 10 Computer. I do not see a desktop link, I cannot find it in the Apps & Features list, Cortana knows only web sources as if the software was not locally installed
however
there is a folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\BabaCAD" where I can run "C:\Program Files (x86)\BabaCAD\BabaCAD\BabaCAD.exe". When trying to open a dxf only  fragments of it are visible.

So it will not surprise you that I want to immediately uninstall BabaCAD V. 1.3.4. As it is not in the list of installed programs (see above) I want to find an alternative. Could you give me a hint? Is it sufficient just to delete the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\BabaCAD"?

Kind regards
bananaba

babadmin:
It could be that you installed another version of BabaCAD after one already installed, and then it overwritten old version. Then, after you uninstall that last installed version, older one left in program files x86. Just delete that foldera nd it will be ok. BabaCAD does not install nothing but files visible in BabaCAD folder. That's why thumbapps.org reviewed babaCAD as portable CAD app. You can just copy installed BabaCAD to USB stick, and then you can run it from stick on any window computer.

If you have windows 10, did you try BabaCAD 2017, it's 64-bit and far away better than old 1.3.4 (32-bit) version.

bananaba:
I have deleted the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\BabaCAD" now and installed BabaCAD2017Setup_x64_2_0_0.exe. The dxf I want to view is created as export from an  Adobe IIlusstrator CS6 (*.ai) file.(Export Option AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006).     

C:\Program Files\BabaCAD\BabaCAD 2017\BabaCAD.exe shows the file (which is proper in AI) only as fragments.

I give up now..

Kind regards
bananaba

bananaba:
For your information: This is the dxf.

babadmin:
There is a bug when reading nested blocks from dxf (blocks inside blocks). It will be fixed in BabaCAD 2017 Update 2 (expect to be available to the end of this month). I've checked your dxf. It's very confusing, cause every element (about 300 splines) is made as a block and nested inside other blocks (group of other splines). It can be simply drawn as one spline.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version