Author Topic: how to draw a line at an angle  (Read 5143 times)

alexa

• View Profile
how to draw a line at an angle
« on: July 07, 2020, 05:54:32 am »
When I use a "line" command, then I can enter a length (input field appears on the screen), and I can move cursor to draw at some angle. How to type exact angle value?

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: how to draw a line at an angle
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 10:54:37 am »
You can do that in two ways:

If Dynamic Input is turned ON, check that "DYN" button is colored orange in Status Bar:
- start LINE command
- specify first point, than press TAB key (keyboard) and than input angle value
- you can press TAB key again  and line will stay at the specified angle, you can move mouse just to change line length or
  type the length value and press SPACE or ENTER key to finish the LINE command.

If Dynamic Input is OFF, just type at sign (@) and then LEN<ANGLE in command line and press ENTER key (for example
to draw line with length=85 at angle 60 [degree, CCW], type @80<60 and <press ENTER at the end>.

alexa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 10:45:26 pm »
Thanks for detailed answer. Everything works perfectly.

Karl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 06:04:53 pm »
Is it possible to use relative coordinates input in other commands, or it's only available for the "line" command?

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 08:55:31 pm »
Yes, you can use relative input in the most of drawing commands. For example, to draw rectangle with size of width=50 and height=35, start RECTANGLE command, specify lower left corner (click to specify point or type absolute x,y coordinates in command line), and then type "@50,35" in command line and press enter to finish RECTANGLE command.