Author Topic: Black screen on Windows 10 PRO after startup of Babacad  (Read 6753 times)

R2G

• View Profile
Black screen on Windows 10 PRO after startup of Babacad
« on: May 29, 2017, 05:43:24 pm »
Startup shows Babacad screen for 5 till 10 seconds, then the laptop crashes and gives only a totaly black screen, keyboard not responding.
I've this issue on Windows 10 PRO, on an older laptop (Dell Vostro 1000) with ATI Radeon Xpress Serie 1150, latest available drivers installed.
Changing compatibility modus to either vista, 7 or 8 doesn't give anything else then the black screen.

First going to install the older version to see if that will start, as I'm new to Babacad :-)

R2G

• View Profile
Re: Black screen on Windows 10 PRO after startup of Babacad
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 07:40:52 pm »
mmm, Pity, the older version 1.3.4 isn't starting at all. Stupid laptop :-(

Anything else that can influence the startup?

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 07:59:44 pm »
I saw BabaCAD (32-bit) runs w/o any problems on very old computers (maybe 10 years old and even older). So, if neither of two versions  do not work, it can only be discompatibility between Windows 10 and that old graphics card. I will see to add more checkings on startup in next BabaCAD update and give users more informations in case of startup failure.

R2G

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 08:16:59 pm »
Yeah, I'll try an other laptop next week to see if that's works. I'll let you know, if their is anything I could do to help testing, just let me know!