Author Topic: Uninstall BabaCAD V. 1.3.4  (Read 11606 times)

bananaba

• View Profile
Uninstall BabaCAD V. 1.3.4
« on: October 06, 2017, 10:51:50 am »
Hallo BabaCAD-friends,
I just installed BabaCAD V. 1.3.4 on my Windows 10 Computer. I do not see a desktop link, I cannot find it in the Apps & Features list, Cortana knows only web sources as if the software was not locally installed
however
there is a folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\BabaCAD" where I can run "C:\Program Files (x86)\BabaCAD\BabaCAD\BabaCAD.exe". When trying to open a dxf only  fragments of it are visible.

So it will not surprise you that I want to immediately uninstall BabaCAD V. 1.3.4. As it is not in the list of installed programs (see above) I want to find an alternative. Could you give me a hint? Is it sufficient just to delete the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\BabaCAD"?

Kind regards
bananaba

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Uninstall BabaCAD V. 1.3.4
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 12:01:49 pm »
It could be that you installed another version of BabaCAD after one already installed, and then it overwritten old version. Then, after you uninstall that last installed version, older one left in program files x86. Just delete that foldera nd it will be ok. BabaCAD does not install nothing but files visible in BabaCAD folder. That's why thumbapps.org reviewed babaCAD as portable CAD app. You can just copy installed BabaCAD to USB stick, and then you can run it from stick on any window computer.

If you have windows 10, did you try BabaCAD 2017, it's 64-bit and far away better than old 1.3.4 (32-bit) version.

bananaba

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 01:56:22 pm »
I have deleted the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\BabaCAD" now and installed BabaCAD2017Setup_x64_2_0_0.exe. The dxf I want to view is created as export from an  Adobe IIlusstrator CS6 (*.ai) file.(Export Option AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006).     

C:\Program Files\BabaCAD\BabaCAD 2017\BabaCAD.exe shows the file (which is proper in AI) only as fragments.

I give up now..

Kind regards
bananaba

bananaba

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 02:36:14 pm »
For your information: This is the dxf.

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 09:42:33 am »
There is a bug when reading nested blocks from dxf (blocks inside blocks). It will be fixed in BabaCAD 2017 Update 2 (expect to be available to the end of this month). I've checked your dxf. It's very confusing, cause every element (about 300 splines) is made as a block and nested inside other blocks (group of other splines). It can be simply drawn as one spline.

bananaba

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 10:12:47 am »
Thanks babadmin,
See attached the same file after resolving all groups and a screenshot of the dxf as Adobe Illustrator shows it.. The BabaCAD presentation of the dxf is already closer to reality apart from the wonderful loop ornament at the top of the object and approximations which try to come close to the original..

The AI drawing has been constructed as a compilation of straight  lines, half circles and quarter circles with frequent use of the grouping function.

Regards
bananaba
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:30:20 am by bananaba »

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 10:45:14 pm »
Already fixed :) Click on the link to see screenshot (forum members will see attached screenshot image at the bottom!)

http://www.babacad.com/upload/snapshots/KabeltraegerOhne-BabaCAD.jpg

P.S.
This will be available in BabaCAD 2017 Update 2 (Release date: End of October 2017).

bananaba

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 11:30:34 pm »
Glad to see this. I will try update 2.

Regards
Bananaba

WiltonG

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 10:47:02 am »
Glad to see this. I will try update 2.

Regards
Bananaba

Did it work for you? Just thought I'd ask before I downloaded.

bananaba

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 08:38:38 pm »
Sorry, no! It did not work for me. I installed (and deinstalled) the full trial version 2017. I opend a dxf made by the export function of Adobe Illustrator containing 6 mm circles. They appear as streamlined drops flying westward. Sick of babacad now. No further trials and error.

Regards
bananaba

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 02:10:53 pm »
Your comment is ridiculous. First of all, you are telling that it does not work for you, but I gave  the link of screenshot which is proof that BabaCAD reads your dxf correctly. Second, you’re using Adobe illustrator which does not relate to CAD in any sense. You too wrote how it saved one simple circle (that has to be one CIRCLE entity) as number of arc parts. I found simple spline as block of blocks nested hundred times. It’s very funny to discuss about this. Here is screenshot of your dxf again:

http://www.babacad.com/upload/snapshots/KabeltraegerOhne-BabaCAD.jpg

New update of BabaCAD 2018 Enterprise (will be available from end of February 2018)  will read/write all dwg versions, even new AutoCAD R2018 dwg format..
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 06:27:04 pm by babadmin »