Author Topic: Getting started guide  (Read 7102 times)

john.sheedy

• View Profile
Getting started guide
« on: April 01, 2020, 02:24:31 pm »
I have just purchased the enterprise version and am not able to find any guide on how to use the dll in my own program.

Any help available?

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Getting started guide
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 04:28:55 pm »
You can find Visual Studio sample projects (.sln) in BabaCAD installation folder (/Program Files/BabaCAD/../NetProjects). We are also finishing new documentation for .NET API and we will put more code samples on babacad website soon.

Note for BabaCAD 2019 Enterprise users: Please update BabaCAD reference and PostBuild events path from '..BabaCAD 2018..' to '..BabaCAD 2019..'. The simplest way to do this is to open project's .vsproj (.vbproj for vb.NET project) and change 2018 to 2019 and save the file. BabaCAD 2018 Enterprise users don't have to do this modification.

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 06:20:34 pm »
I am in a similar situation as John.  I have obtained the Home Edition and would like to find out if there is a downloadable guide available.

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 02:03:01 pm »
There is Help menu inside of BabaCAD application (red link 'Help' in upper right of App window).
Also you have online Help Users Guide at:
    https://www.babacad.com/help/babacad_help.htm
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 02:05:36 pm by babadmin »

john.sheedy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 09:31:17 am »
I have now finally gotten around to load the Demo files and I am getting loads of errors.

However I am getting an error  of

The command "copy /Y ...\BabaCADNetDemo\bin\Debug\BabaCADNetDemo.dll "\Program Files\BabaCAD\BabaCAD 2018 Enterprise\NetModules"
copy /Y C:\Users\jtshe\OneDrive - towersoftware.godaddylogin.com\Programming\BabaCADNetDemo\bin\Debug\BabaCADNetDemo.dll "\Work\BabaCAD.NET\x64\ReleaseClr\NetModules"
" exited with code 1.         

I have not made any changes to the source code.

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 03:21:04 pm »
You didn't read Note for BabaCAD 2019 Enterprise version in reply to your first post (change '2018' to '2019' in path of post-build events and also delete second line 'copy /Work/BabaCAD.NET/...', it's not needed). These are not a code errors, just wrong post-build event paths (this is set for Visual Studio to automatically copy compiled .dll output to path specified in post-build events). You can delete post-build events and manually copy .dll from output folder to /Program Files/BabaCAD/BabaCAD 2019 Enterprise/NetProjects after the project is compiled.

john.sheedy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 07:24:05 pm »
I have made the change and am still getting the same error.

Severity: Error
Code   Description: The command "copy /Y C:\Program Files\BabaCAD\BabaCAD 2019 Enterprise 3D\NetProjects\vs2010\BabaCADNetDemo\bin\Debug\BabaCADNetDemo.dll "\Program Files\BabaCAD\BabaCAD 2019 Enterprise\NetModules"
copy /Y C:\Program Files\BabaCAD\BabaCAD 2019 Enterprise 3D\NetProjects\vs2010\BabaCADNetDemo\bin\Debug\BabaCADNetDemo.dll "\Work\BabaCAD.NET\x64\ReleaseClr\NetModules"
" exited with code 1.

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2020, 10:16:08 pm »
You didn't delete second copy line 'copy /Y \Work\BabaCAD...' as I wrote in the last reply. Also check that you compiled the project and you have BabaCADNetDemo.dll in output folder (open windows explorer and see if .dll exists in \Program Files\BabaCAD\BabaCAD...\NetProjects\BabaCADNetDemo.dll
Also be sure that you run Visual Studio as Administrator (find VS icon, right click and choose 'run as Administrator', it needs admin rights to copy .dll to \Program Files\BabaCAD... folder.

If you can't get it work (but it must work if everything done correctly), just delete everything in post-build events and manually copy .dll from output folder to \Program Files\BabaCAD\BabaCAD 2019...\NetProjects folder.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 10:19:40 pm by babadmin »