Author Topic: Tape measure  (Read 4200 times)

PerryBond

• View Profile
Tape measure
« on: January 19, 2021, 01:53:34 pm »
Is there a measure command or tape measure?
I realise you can always put a dimension on something then delete it, but I was looking for a quicker way to check the length of something?

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tape measure
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 05:34:55 pm »
BabaCAD has "Properties" palette/window (on the right app's side). When line or polyline object is selected, "Length" attribute in "Properties" shows current length of selected line/polyline. For multiple selected objects, lisp command can be coded. I suppose that lisp already exists on the net, but if not I can write that lisp command and post it here. Then you just copy lisp command code to lineslen.lsp (create a new txt file in notepad) and copy .lsp file to Support/Lisp folder. Run command APPLOAD and choose that .lsp before command LINESLEN to execute. Also you can add lineslen.lsp to bcad.mnu (located in Support folder of BabaCAD installation; Program Files/BabaCAD/BabaCAD 2020...).to be loaded on BabaCAD startup.

PerryBond

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 05:43:00 pm »
OK, not what I really wanted, but it is a work around.
When you've pasted a number of different objects, say a number of different sized kitchen units in a line, there is no single line or polyline to measure. Drawing a line for the total distance confirms the measurement and is a work around, but in autocad and draughtsight they have a tape measure, just click on the two furthest corners and get a distance.

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 07:08:07 pm »
I found this AutoCAD's .lsp on the internet and it works in BabaCAD also (just copy the code to dist.lsp file, copy dist.lsp to Support/LISP and add 'lisp\disp.lsp' (without quotes) to Support/bcad.mnu below the **LISP (lisp load section) to have dist.lsp loaded on startup). You can also add an icon for DIST command (would be placed into 'LISP Examples' menu), and everything is explained at the top of bcad.mnu file.

To get distance measured, type DIST in command line and specify points to print out measurement value on the command line.

(defun c:DIST ()
(setq x1 (getpoint "\nSelect First Point: "))
(setq x2 (getpoint x1 "\nSelect Second Point: "))
(prompt (strcat "\nTotal Distance = " (distance x1 x2)))
(princ)
)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 07:23:55 pm by babadmin »