Author Topic: End User License Agreement (EULA) and Related Details?  (Read 326 times)

FNitney

• View Profile
End User License Agreement (EULA) and Related Details?
« on: January 27, 2024, 11:48:14 pm »
Greetings,

I am interested in BabaCAD general-purpose CAD products, but I'd like to know more about their EULA/etc. before trying either. Perhaps someone can answer a few questions:

a. Where can I find a copy of the EULA for (both of) BabaCAD's products?

b. What are the rules, procedures, etc. for one individual user using a single BabaCAD product/license on more than one computer? Would I be free to use BabaCAD on as many computers I wish, so long as I was the only one using the computers and used them only one at a time, or would I need to "transfer" the license from one computer to another, or are BabaCAD products locked to only one computer, period?

c. Must one be connected to the Internet to use BabaCAD, either while BabaCAD is in use or once every so often to keep the license alive?

d. If there's anything else I should know, please tell me. ;-)

Thanks in advance!

Late Addition:
Is there an upgrade path from BabaCAD 2d/Home to BabaCAD 3D?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 11:55:12 pm by FNitney »

babadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: End User License Agreement (EULA) and Related Details?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 01:54:09 am »
Everything that you are asking can be found on BabaCAD website, but it's no problem to give answers to your questions:

a. EULA is inside of the installation of the program, and also can be read after installing the trial version.
b. User can install the program on just one computer and use it unlimited time. To use on another computer at a same time, it needs a new license. If in meantime user decides to use the license on another computer,  it can ask for the license transfer (max. three times). There is possibility for company to buy the network license where the price depends on a number of concurrent users.
c. User's computer must not be connected to the internet to use BabaCAD. It can be used offline for the life. For the online registration it requires an internet connection (just once, to register the license), but the registration of the license can be done by e-mail too.

BabaCAD Home (2D) can't be upgraded to other products (Enterprise 3D, Robotics).

Regards